Monday, January 16, 2006

Match Report

Date: 15/01/06

Location: NTU swamp... mud-filled pitch to be exact

Time: 9am(though we did start later)

Score: RECCOS 4 - Timmy's idiot bro's team 2

Scorers: RECCOS - Goose(1 min)
Xuanwei(last 20min-pen)
Xuanwei(last 20min)
Seng(last 15 min)
Opponents - No. XX* (somewhere in the 30+ min)
No. 20(first 10 min of 2nd half)

*eh guys, who remembered the no. of the scorer for their first goal please enlighten me, thanks.

Match Highlights

-- Goose opening the floodgates in less than a minute. According to my bro(he was complaining to me during dinner), Goose scored the fastest ever goal recorded by RECCOS(I think so lah, cos it was really pretty damn quick, agree?) at the grand time of...... 20+ seconds.
Cool eh?

-- Our famous "first half of the first half", when once again, we were guilty of the phenomenon of losing concentration after playing a good first half of the first half. Meaning: we can play like men possessed(twice!!), stroke the ball around, befuddling the opponents, dribble the shit out of them, shoot like Gerrard... you get the picture. Then we lose concentration. And then we play like shit. Headless chickens in fact. Haiz...

-- Our porous defence. Leaking goals like mad again. No thanks to the noob-ish efforts of Jase the Oyster. Dun bluff... what you dive too late for the first goal. You didn't wanna dive right? Think we dunno. 2nd goal. Berd da Anaconda. You suck. Big time. Let the bugger run past you and expect me to go defend?!?!!?!?!? How I know you not going to tackle him. Aiyo~~~ Can't blame Jase for not punching the ball out, he never learn Shou-u-gen(front, down, front-left, front + punch). We really need to work on our defence sia, long time no keep clean sheet liaoz.

-- '2nd half of the 2nd half'. I don't know how and why, but apparently, we always get our 2nd wind, especially when we are not leading. We do play well sporadically. We just need to work on these periods to be longer.

-- Xw the Veggie Monster and his immortal quote. A classic one that can compete with our Hair King's Seng-ism. Here it is: "Wo ren ni hen jiu leh hor!!!" (loosely translated, it means I endured you for very long liao hor!!!) What happened?
Some xia-lan guy with a case/wrist support shit was irritating him the whole of the match, people taking ball for corner, then start shoving Xw liao. The fuck? But the moment that triggered the outburst was the mindless, needless scything tackle that he made on Xw when the veggie monster was lining up for 1x good shot.
Damn. That rocks. Thought we were going to have another fistfight with my bro's idiot team again. But when I looked to the left of me, I realised that this might be our lucky break. Cos Snake is still in OUR HALF!!! He still haben run up to to whack the shit out of them yet!!! MY GAWD!!! I guessed the mantra worked, Snake, repeat it after us again: I will not FIGHT today...

-- Xw despite being peeved, still managed to score a brace of goals. One was a penalty lah. But the 2nd goal he scored. Magificant. Let him tell you more about it.

-- Seng our inspirational and Hairy Captain being on form. Scored a goal and run the opponents ragged. Nuff said.

-- Timmy as right back never cocked up. Much. 3 cheers for me. :)

And that's the report folks.... feel free to add in any stuff that I missed out.

2 comments:

BerD said...

I am too tired after work to blog. But I can tell those who weren't there the post is largely inaccurate...

PS: No 5 that big fella scored the 1st goal...

PSS: 2nd goal was not a penalty; it was assisted by me after a gan fierce run out of defense... And tio zham by that same fella with the hand in a brace...

Timmy said...

Okok... so that was the 3rd goal....