Sunday, January 22, 2006

Match Report 2

Date: 21/01/06

Location: NTU (not-too-bad) swamp... Slightly mud-filled pitch this time round...

Time: 9am(We started pretty much on time! YEAH!)

Score: RECCOS 3 - 4 ACJC Sportsmen

Scorers:
RECCOS - Shaowei (header), Teck Beng (right foot with black toe), Philip (right hand)
Opponents - 4 fellas who simply got lucky well no thanks to me...


I feel absolutely gutted. Today we played a pretty decent game of soccer, which Philip almost threatened to ruin... Although the referee was like Jason-playing-Lesharc-in-DOTA kind of crap, minus the fact that I single-handedly conceded 4 goals for RECCOS, it was a lovely Saturday morning of soccer...

(1) Xuanwei and Shaowei combined well to put RECCOS ahead from a corner... A tantalising ball floated into the enemy's 6 yard box found a determined Mokie's head! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Well it's not like we trained this set-piece every week but I thought it was almost EPL standard! Special mention on the stupid referee - He asked Xw to take the corner from way behind the corner spot such that according to Xw, he saw 2 players between the posts from where he was standing! Bizarre indeed.

(2) I forgot how our 2nd goal came about but perhaps it was some neat work by Luke down the right which left Teck Beng 1 on 1 with the keeper... Right foot step-over, black toe INTO THE CORNER! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

(3) Our 3rd goal was the result of Shaofeng's blind optimism to pump in a hopelessly hopeless ball which somehow to rather found Philip at the far post with a handy right hand... Muahahha! Kudos to Shaofeng for his hard work man...

But still, all of that wasn't enough as we conceded 4 goals... All of which we can learn from, except perhaps the last.

(i) Goal number 1 came from our left. I cant remember if it was their counter or something but their right winger hit a ball in pretty early and the defense was caught out of position... That number 25 was sneaking behind me I was certain about it but I failed to cut out the ball... Gawd. BerD you noob!

(ii) Goal number 2 was more or less illegitimate... The ball was hit over me and I was pretty sure the guy's offside cos when I turned my back... I saw Timmy and Yz chasing him frantically! I think it would have looked more convincing if we didnt give chase but then again... Anyone would have given chase instinctively... Basically I think we need to work a lot still on our offside trap man... Or maybe dont work on it at all and not play the offside entirely...

(iii) Goal number 3 from that throw-in was numb as well... Timmy "passed" that number 25 to me to mark another... And as I turned to watch the ball, he snuck past me to the near post for a simple tap in... OMG BerD you fucken noob! I think I also got 1 big window of concentration lapse during matches de... I better be watching out more often man...

(iv) Goal number 4 was the worst of all. I am AnaConDa-sure the ball was slightly blown away by the wind... It swung out slightly to the right so suddenly... Initially I had wanted to head the ball and since now I wasnt exactly going to be below the ball, I tried to clear it 1st time but alas - it bounced right under me. GG no RE. OMFG BerD YOU n00b!

Other incidents worth mentioning:
- Philip kicking an opponent over like kicking a can away whilst walking down Orchard road, hence a yellow card.
- GooSe also got a yellow card for XXX (Pls edit and insert accordingly.)
- Luke playing rather well for us and with us.
- BerD with a song-song Ryan Giggs tackle in the penalty box juz before end of 1st half to deny them yet another chance.
- Timmy doing a windmill move taken out of a breakdancing textbook and hooking the ball away.
- BerD finally playing the offside trap correctly for once somewhere in the 2nd half! YEAH~!

No comments: